Intervale Consulting Group, Inc. principals and associates have extensive experience with project development and execution. We can assist clients to take a project from initial concept all the way to commissioning and start-up. During the project development phase we can offer the following services to clients:
Market Evaluation – Can new capacity be sold and for how much? What expansions are already planned for a given region? What are the sales costs to move material outside the region? At what point in the industry cycle will the new capacity come on-stream? Intervale’s database and knowledge of the global chemicals and polymers industry put us in an excellent position to answer these questions.
Due Diligence – For those considering purchasing existing assets, there is no company better qualified to conduct due diligence than Intervale. What is the mechanical condition of the assets? Is the installed technology competitive? Will upgrades be required and how much will they cost? Are there environmental problems at the site? Intervale principals and associates know the pitfalls in such acquisitions and know where to look for them.
Technical and Economic Feasibility – The Intervale economics database and software is second to none when it comes to accurate economic feasibility evaluations.
Project Execution Plan – There are always a number of options when it comes to project execution. How will the project be executed – on the basis of “lump sum/turkey”, “designated licensor”, “reimbursable”? Who will do EPCm? How long will each of these activities take? Who should be on the short list of technology licensors and EPC contractors? What are the criteria for the shortlists? Intervale principals and associates have experience with all options and can comfortably guide through all phases of any chemicals and polymers project.
Once a project is finally approved by the client where does Intervale fit in?
- Basic engineering design – Intervale can produce a basic (process) design package for any project.
- Technical and Operating Support – During the detailed engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up phases of a project, Intervale can provide the expertise to support a third party engineering company in the execution of the project.
- EPCm – Intervale can manage detailed engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Operations, maintenance and laboratory manuals – Intervale can produce these manuals.
- Supervisor and operator training – Manuals and training can be supplied by Intervale.
- Commissioning and start-up support – Intervale principals and associates have commissioned and started up numerous plants. Commissioning procedures are very critical to avoid start-up problems. We know the potential problems and how to properly commission the equipment.
- Hazard and Operability Studies.